Monday, October 27, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Check out my Etsy shop: FickleFaerie - I have these bags in so many colors... to suit just about any bathroom color scheme!!
Here is a list of menopause symptoms that can affect you... They can occur during perimenopause and menopause and are either cyclical in nature, or respond to treatments (both traditional and alternative) known to address hormonal imbalances:
- Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
- Irregular heart beat- Irritability
- Mood swings, sudden tears
- Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
- Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
- Loss of libido
- Dry vagina
- Crashing fatigue
- Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
- Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom
- Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
- Disturbing memory lapses- Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence
- Itchy, crawly skin
- Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
- Increased tension in muscles- Breast tenderness
- Headache change: increase or decrease
- Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
- Sudden bouts of bloat-Depression
- Exacerbation of existing conditions
- Increase in allergies
- Weight gain
- Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
- Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
- Changes in body odor
- Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
- Tingling in the extremities
- Gum problems, increased bleeding
- Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
- Osteoporosis (after several years)
- Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
- Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.
Monday, October 6, 2008
DID YOU KNOW that reusable produce bags serve a great purpose: four or five reusable bags, used at least once a week, can replace the use of 250 plastic bags each year!!!
I have gift sets that include 5 regular sized bags (regular bags are about the size of the clear plastic bags they use for your produce now) and 4 single minis to match.
The single minis are great for small things like 1 tomato, a lemon, 2 kiwis - that sort of thing.
There is also a color coordinating cotton pouch to carry the produce bags in - ready to go!!!