Saturday, October 18, 2008

About seborrheic dermatitis

A commom symptom of aging is a scalp disorder called "seborrheic dermatitis". This condition hit me when I was in my mid 40's. My scalp was dry, flaky and had scales that would ooze when rubbed. I visited a dermatologist and was told it could be brought on by stress (my life at the time was pretty stressfull). I now use a tar shampoo a couple of times a week and use "nizoral" shampoo inbetween. If an outbreak is really bad then I need to use a prescription nizoral where the pharmacist adds a mixture or a steriod cream to the regular nizoral. This helps get rid of any fungus that may be present. I know it sounds terrible but it just means it has gone too far before you treated the problem. This condition is very easy to get rid of and control with regular tar shampoo treatments. The best place for price to buy the tar shampoo is Walmart.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/skin/disorders/157.html

No comments: